We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Forum Page all on the left

rawprawn
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just bought a Mac and I am "Green' but PCA Forums are all on the left hand side of the Safari secret. This has only occurred today any Mac experts out there? Or is it PCA. Thanks RP

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Safari Secret ??? Browser

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I find the same in IE9 and W7. Started a few days ago.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Probably the add blocker playing up like it used to on Firefox.

Disable the ad-blocker temporarily and see if it goes to normal

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

IE8 and Firefox working normally for me.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

IE9 - FF7 - W7

Apart from a brief hiccup a week ago, when there was an annoying, unfolding advert on the left. It's always been on the left, even when I was using WinXP.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

W7 IE9 center of the screen for me.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Safari on Vista is center

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Thanks for all the replies, I am still showing on the left (only web page to do so) I have seen this before in Widows 7, and I think it was to do with blocking adverts. However I am not sure where to go in Mac

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

Hi rawprawn

Have not got a clue if this is relevant to a MAC but when this happened on a Windows machine the answer was to disable the stylesheet:

cdn.inskinmedia.com/isfe/4.1/css/base.css

in AdblockPlus.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I recetly (with a tip from rdave13 enabled tracking protection to avoid adaware tracking cookies. I think this left thing started then.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/16/speakers-corner/4086117/pca-adaware-tracking-cookies/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...