We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

installed graphics card, comp now not working

stedun

Likes # 0

hi all

a few days ago i found my old geforce 7600gt graphics card and thought - yes - PC gaming again! after being an xbox gamer for a year (which is disappointing) so i installed it but the next day the machine wouldnt even boot up. im sitting here with it in bits, switched on and at risk of electric shock. its telling me my hard drive is f*KEd up!
SETUP CANNOT CONTINUE - PAH! hard drive done me well for yrs til i installed this video card. anyone any ideas where i might be going wrong? i have on disc winxp (fave) win7, 8, linux. im quite knowledgable about computers since 1982 but thi is pissing me right off! i suspect the hard drive but how? it was ok before the damned graphics card installation. getting to the stage am gonnnae lob the bastard out the window! i must apolgise but sometimes - i hate computers!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

ts telling me my hard drive is fKEd up it was ok before the damned graphics card installation*

What exactly is the message?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes