We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do i get wireless on an ex display model?

notsoitsavvy

Likes # 0

will someone please help me ..I purchased a exdisplay asus BUT WHEN I GOT HOME I TRIED TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET USING BT WIRELESS BUT I CAN'T CONNECT WIRELESS...IN THE NETWORK AND SHARING CENTRE IT STILL HAS THE COMET NETWORKING ON IT. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

As it has been on display and lots of people will have had a play with it....

You should restore to factory settings, that will get rid of all things Comet and you can start from scratch and make it your own. I think it's F9 key that you press while booting up, that should bring up the menu to choose from. Have a look at the manual for restore options. Don't forget to make your own DVD of the Operating System as well if no DVD's came with it.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Assuming you have a Factory Image or system disc, after restoring to the factory settings and installing your main programs, Google for a copy of one of the free backup programs install and make a backup preferably to an external USB drive or a separate partition on your internal drive.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This is a duplicate post Click Here and you have still not told us which model of Asus that you have. The more we know the more likely it is that we can help you.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Take it back to Comet and get them to reset factory settings, they should have done that for you before you took it out of the shop.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added