We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I update Intel Driver

OLDJACK

Likes # 0

I usually manage to update most drivers with relative ease ,but I found that some of my laptop intel chipset drivers were out of date. Tried the Intel site ,checked using chipset driver check then downloaded the update utility which I believed gave me a file called "infinst_autol " I ran this it seemed to extract a number of files ( not sure where to??") but nothing seems to be updated. What am I doing wrong? XP sp3 32 bit

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

My only comment would be, why update anything that's working OK?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You need to run the extracted files.

What program are you using to extract the files?

Like this post
OLDJACK

Likes # 0

well onthelimit1 I've always believed that updating drivers tend to eliminate future problems ,but each to his own. Fruit Bat the file I mentioned self extracts it's titled Intel Chipset Device Installer vers 1.1.43.0 If I could find the extracted files then perhaps I could run them.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

You could always try Slimdrivers - a freebie that usually downloads the manufacturer's own drivers without any need to extract from .rar or whatever. I've used it on a lot of reinstalls, and it works very well.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

make a folder on your desktop then extract files to this folder, after this has completed open the desktop folder and find the setup file in the list and click on it it should then auto install.

afterwards delete the folder or save it on disc in case needed again

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Have'nt used this for a good while now but from memory I think its to the root of C: or whatever your Windows drive is, check for C:\Intel or C:\Chipset.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made