We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

laptop mouse not working

nige@CISCO

Likes # 0

Hi, just a hardware question I have a Advent T3100 Roma 2001 re-badged (I50IL) laptop The problem is this when the laptop came to me I was told the 2 mouse buttons do not work but the touchpad does. I can not find a wiring diagram anywhere it would seem Google is no longer my friend. If some one has a copy I would appreciate a copy of it. If no one has a copy I would appreciate some info. I have 1 cable which operates the touchpad I think after taking it apart that it requires a second cable (separate cable) for the buttons. I originally thought they operated from the same cable but now I have my doubts. Can anyone confirm this for me. Thanks

PS I do not think this is a software issue which is why I am asking about the cable. The laptop is running Win7 and when I go in to system information, hardware, pointing devices it lists the amount of buttons as 0

I have tried older version of synaptic mouse drive as well as the most recent, I have also allowed the system to install the standard ps2 driver from MS with no joy. It was after trying all drivers I decided to dissemble the laptop to see if there was an issue with the cable. I have also tried a linux Live CD with no joy. Regards.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

I found the manual but it's in Chinese....You could try translating the page:

Link to the manual :

ECS China

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Let me look a little more....

English manual:

English Manual Roma Rebadged

Like this post
nige@CISCO

Likes # 0

Hi folks thanks for replying but I have the manual it is the internal wiring spec I am looking for. Regards Nige.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Not sure re your laptop but on my granddaughter's Toshiba you press an Fn key at the same time as one of the other F keys - it turns on and off the machine's mouse. Probably too simple a solution!

Like this post
nige@CISCO

Likes # 0

Thanks but I know how to enable and disable the touchpad want I really want is this, There is only room for one cable to fit to the synaptics touchpad I want to know if that cable then splits in to 2. One to feed the buttons and the other for the pad. Regards.

Like this post
nige@CISCO

Likes # 0

Thanks but I know how to enable and disable the touchpad want I really want is this, There is only room for one cable to fit to the synaptics touchpad I want to know if that cable then splits in to 2. One to feed the buttons and the other for the pad. Regards.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features