We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anti-virus software package

sqa

Likes # 0

Hi - which is the best ant-virus software going around? I would like to purchase a package but not sure how I go about choosing which one?

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

AVG free is pretty good.

If you use your computer for online banking, your bank may supply an anti-virus as part of it's package.

Microsoft do their own package (free) or select from this list

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=antivirus+free+download+microsoft&pbx=1&oq=antivirus+free&aq=2&aqi=g4&aql=1&gssm=c&gsupl=0l0l1l2313l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.rgc.rpw.,cf.osb&fp=8508a093d64d2b1e&biw=1024&bih=535

Terry

Like this post
D4lien

Likes # 0

Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) has been running fine on my PC for a couple of years now.

It's one thing have Anti-Virus software though and another thing using it. People tend to think "Ah well my anti virus is installed so things will be fine" Not always the case. Pay attention to any pop up messages from your AV software and think about the answer rather than just clicking allow...

Remember to check it is updating and run a full scan every week or so. MSE is not a resource hog, unlike other AV offerings, so you can run it in the background when you are doing most things.

I gave up on AVG a while back but people still happily use it.

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

some choices like AVG ,Norton etc will be the choice ! you can search and compare them to choose !

Like this post
Glowry

Likes # 0

I Recommend for Norton Anti Virus Program. These are total security programs and also provide the trail feature before selling their product.

convert dvd to itunes

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

GLOWRY

SPAM

Forum EDitor Notified

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...