We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

net bookor tablet fro 9 year old

nichola8676

Likes # 0

I have a 9 year old daughter who wants a net book for xmas as well a many other things I have a budget of up to 200 pounds maximum but I dont know whether to buy her a netbook or a tablet she wants to surf the net facebook etc and also play online games such as friv and moshi monsters what should I do

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Here is a guide to tablets under £300 some may be £200 by now but I'm not sure that I would recommend one for a 9 year old, I would have thought that they may be a bit fragile. Netbooks are heavier and more sturdy but they nearly all come with limited RAM and Windows 7 Starter Edition - not the friendliest of interfaces. But here is a selection from Revoo

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

nichola8676

Dabs have got several Acer 10.1" netbooks on offer at around the £200 mark.

Acer Netbooks on offer at Dabs

Peter.

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

why not you go to ebay to compare it ,i think more choices there !

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Unless you have a very serious minded 9yo, I get them a Tablet.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more