We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptops that open completely flat

redraver77

Likes # 0

Looking for a new small laptop - nothing fancy or expensive but would like one that is reliable and can be opened completely flat. Any help welcomed. Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

The Lenovo T400 does just that - you may be able to find one on Ebay or a refurbished one. Image here enter link description here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

redraver77 may want a laptop that opens flat to put in front of a connected monitor.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Ah, that hadn't crossed my mind.

Like this post
redraver77

Likes # 0

thx heard about the t400, wasn't sure if there was any other model out there. new rather than refurb I guess.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I too can't think why you want one that opens completely flat. Any laptop or netbook can be set to operate with the lid closed anyway. Maybe the only advantage I can think of is when cleaning the screen!

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

Never had cause to think about it before but have discovered that my elderly Fujitsu Seimens Esprimo actually opens flat.

May be worth looking at other Fujitsu machines as they can be at the lower end of the price range.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Lots of laptops open flat. I`ve two Acers on my desk, one does but the other doesn't. It all depends on the chassis design. Like cocteau48 I've got an old Fujitsu that does and I'm pretty sure some HP Compaqs have the same design feature. The problem however is identifying them before buying. No manufacturer seems to disclose this information on feature lists.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

'opened completely flat'

Why on earth would you want to do that?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......