We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to set up a reminder to back up

swapper
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have windows XPpro desktop, and also a Laptop with Vista home. I keep forgetting to back up with Acronis on both (to my cost).

Is there a free/shareware programme that I can use that would remind me to backup when I first log on, say once a week or something?

tia

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

Scroll down to 'How To Create Alarms And Reminders With Windows Xp's Scheduling Service'

Click here

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Why do you need anything else when Acronis can be set to back up on schedule.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I agree with Zeppelyn, you can set acronis to a timed backup or even a continuous backup if you have enough capacity on hard drive. I back up to an external hard drive and every so often clear it out and start afresh with a full backup then incremental.

Like this post  
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

If yuou want a 'Calender type' reminder try google calener or if you have Microsoft office do the same in that.

With google you can have a reminder sent to your mobile phone if you require (not sure if any cost)

Terry

Like this post
swapper

Likes # 0

Thank you all, I have set up Acronis to remind me tomorrow?? I'm hoping that it will not start automatcially to do a backup, but give me the option, anyway I'll wait and see.

tvm again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote