We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

(Upgrading) AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.3GHZ

ecipecikleci
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am thinking of upgrading my CPU (AMD Athlon X2 7750 2.7GHZ)to AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.3GHZ. Is it worth it? how much will my performance increase in games and video editing?

(My current graphic card is Zotac GeForce GTS450 1GB)

Thanks

Matthew

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 1

You can use this comparison site to compare your two processors. In the right hand box just scroll down and input the processors of your choice and in the left box choose whether to compare their performance for games, sysmark, office etc. Video editing depends on a good CPU, then the ram, the possibly graphics card lastly if you are making graphics and 3d rendering all the time. You don't say how much RAM you have but increase it to 6Gb or 8Gb if you can (but you will need a 64bit OS if you want it to be recognised).

Gaming stresses graphics so if that is what you do more than video editing then you might want to upgrade your video card (the HD5770 is considered a better performer at the same price as the GTS450)

Like this post  
gengiscant

Likes # 0

What is your motherboard?

Like this post
ecipecikleci

Likes # 0

My motherboard is Gigabyte M70-US3 (WITH LASTEST BIOS) IT IS 100% COMPATYBILE WITH AMD Athlon II X3 455

Like this post
ecipecikleci

Likes # 0

anyone/?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days