We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I can no longer access the files on my 32GB USB flash Drive

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to you all. I have a slight problem please. I have a 32gb usb flash drives which has been working flawlessly for the last few months....with my windows 7 laptop.and when I go to my computer it says 12.1GB free of 29.7GB,..then when i click on the drive it says this folder is empty!!! any suggestions please. I have kaspersky internet security 2012, and i did use this to scan it, but nothing came up.

But on thursday evening a friend inserted their usb flash drive into my laptop,..and kaspersky did detect a few viruses and neutralized them.

I just need to be able to access my flash drive again, asap. thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Will it read in another machine?

Recover data http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/smartrecovery.html

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

hello fruitbat, it shows up in other machines, BUT i still cannot access the files...still says folder empty

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Possibly this, Turn on "Show hidden files and folders." I think you will find your items are all there, just hidden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/158360-windows-says-folders-empty-when-they-arent.html

Like this post
gigagiggles

Likes # 0

From another PC, copy the flash drive's files onto that machine. When confident the transfer is legit, copy the files back into the re-formatted flash drive. If the files are sensitive, ensure the transfer is legit and complete from your own PC, then remove from the other PC.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED