We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Video Advert

spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure if this is effecting anyone else, but since this evening, the video Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 advertisement as been self activating, switching itself on every few minutes, with speech breaking into my loudspeaker system. Is there a way of stopping this, I do not seem to find a way to do so, other than the pause control?.

XP with Google Chrome.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 1

I believe that the postings and the responses on this website have deteriorated over the past months and a continuous sound interruption like this does not help to retain the contributors!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

compumac - I agree.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 1

Its still there today, so it may well be Monday before the problem is looked into?.

Will green tick this!.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Try using this: [Ad block 1] It stops all the annoying adverts so beloved by this website

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

No idea what happened above.

Link again

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

gengiscant

Isn't that for IE9 only?.

The problem seems to cover other browsers as well.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Yes,as I mainly use IE9 it does it for me.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I closed down my web browser whilst on this site and even then the audio from this advert remained playing!!!!!!!!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

There must be something wrong with my computer.

I've looked at all forum pages several times an hour throughout the day, and I haven't seen a trace of the ad you're referring to in either IE or Chrome.

I'm sorry that some of you are having a problem. We'll look into it, but it will not happen until Monday.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

No problem here either.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...