We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Video Advert

spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure if this is effecting anyone else, but since this evening, the video Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 advertisement as been self activating, switching itself on every few minutes, with speech breaking into my loudspeaker system. Is there a way of stopping this, I do not seem to find a way to do so, other than the pause control?.

XP with Google Chrome.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Been experimenting with Firefox and IE6/7. No problems there, so it looks like Google Chrome. I could be wrong though?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Spoke to soon, its with Firefox now. Looks like television them!.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's a banner ad. Normally Kaspersky blocks it and I was totally unaware of the ad. Taking the anti-banner block resulted in sound for the ad over the top of everything else and i have it too. Very annoying and I suggest a faulty ad which PCA had better sort out pdq.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Taking off the ad-banner block. Missing off.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Very irritating, it only stated this evening. It is enough to make you not bother to visit this forum

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 1

I believe that the postings and the responses on this website have deteriorated over the past months and a continuous sound interruption like this does not help to retain the contributors!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

compumac - I agree.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Just returned, and the advert is still switching itself on, with the speech breaking into the headphone/loudspeaker system. Just doesn't seem a way to stop it at present?.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I have IE9 and can find no way to shut it up apart from hitting the pause button, but that only works on the current screen.

I am trying to listen to music while reading a few PCA pages and the interruption is most annoying.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 1

Its still there today, so it may well be Monday before the problem is looked into?.

Will green tick this!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks