We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

adding my outlook contacts to a different pc

Kingfisher

Likes # 0

Hello everyone, My current xp machine runs outlook 2007, have just bought a vista laptop and have got windows live mail running ok, but I want to add my outlook contacts from my xp pc to the Vista laptop, but still retain my contacts on the xp outlook. I was concerned that if I exported my contacts from outlook i would then lose them from my xp outlook, can anyone offer any advice many thanks

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Exporting contacts does not remove them from your original computer - it merely copies them to a file that can then be imported into your new machine.

To export them from Outlook follow this guide, but save them as a .csv file (comma separated values) and not .pst as suggested in this link

Export

Save the file onto a flash drive which can then be atached to your new laptop - then import them from there as follows

Import

PS Don't download anything from the red button on this site - just follow the import procedure below.

Like this post
Kingfisher

Likes # 0

Many Thanks Sea Urchin, will do as suggested and post back later

Like this post
Kingfisher

Likes # 0

Sorted Sea Urchin thankyou very much

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Great - glad it's all sorted for you. Thanks for the feedback.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia