We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Has anybody heard of Primus as a Broadband supplier?

Debe

Likes # 0

Trying to change ISP and phone provider and saw the option of Primus which I have never heard of. Has anybody dealt with them? thanks!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I'd never heard of them, but their deals look promising link here if anyone wants a look. I guess they're a small company which, if they are similar to my ISP Vispa, makes life much simpler when something goes wrong (tend to have UK based helprooms. In my case, I dial a local rate number and get directly through to an engineer). I'll be interested to hear comments on the company.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've also never heard of them but the 20 gig allowance seems fair enough for the price.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If you want to contact them by mail.

PO Box 25169 Glasgow G2 4UU

Not what you would expect normally you would find an address.

Apart from that it looks promising.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Sound a bit dodgy - Primus, Planet Talk, Telegroup UK, New Call Telecom Ltd etc - with only a Glasgow PO box address, phone and fax nos which are definitely not Glasgow (London?) Phone: 0207 669 9343. Fax: 0207 669 9303.

This appears to be their website.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like a valid number but in the london area.

http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/search.php?GNG=0207+669+9343&Submit=Submit&d=nl

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Having a quick look around the internet, there doesn't seem to be very much about this company. More about a company with the same name, that suggests its Canadian but more like American?.

Here's a couple of 'reviews'?. http://ispreview.co.uk/isplist/ISPDetailBundlephp?Primus-233 http://dslreports.com/comments/164

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Consumers Association Which? does not list them in the 114 they surveyed.

Top score went to ZEN followed by BE, O2,Utility Warehouse, Plusnet, with bottom of list AOL, Orange and Supanet, Talktalk squeezed in 6th from last.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Sorry missed out Eclipse from the top four providers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia