We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Homepage hijacked

Bike-it

Likes # 0

I use Google Chrome and yesterday my home page has been hijacked with www.searchqu.com/406. i ran malawarebytes, ccleaner and Microsoft security essentials but they found nothing. Anyone offer any help on how i can get rid or this please.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you put "removing seachqu" in the Google search box, then the opening page will show a number of various links including a video on how to remove this problem, apparently covering and depending on the browser you use.

Like this post
Bike-it

Likes # 0

I cannot find a video to show you how to remove this from Google Chrome

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Look for it in Control Panel (Add/Remove or Uninstall)

Or try IOBit Uninstaller (Toolbar) or Revo Uninstaller. (Google for them)

It's just an annoying toolbar you accidentally installed with another download.

Reset your Chrome Homepage manually. (Spanner/Options/Basic/Open the following pages)

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Does it have to be a video?.

You might find it here http;//www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO70vu_1p6g&feature=related

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The link doesn't seem to be working. Try putting 'removing searchqu from chrome' in the Google search box, then select the title above or something leading to YouTube.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014