We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

which is the best laptop with long battery life

johnathann
Resolved

Likes # 0

Does Acer Laptops are good in terms of Battery Life?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

This from a Which? report for an asspire 5336

Battery Life

Sadly, battery life is poor. In our tests, the 4400mAh cells only managed two and a half hours of video playback from the hard drive or web browsing before they needed recharging.

...and for a 5553

Battery life

It's not such a great laptop for use on the move, for the simple reason that battery life is awful. Expect just two and a half hours of video playback and only just over two hours of web browsing using wi-fi.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

we average 5 hours surfing and email on a samsung netbook

Like this post
johnathann

Likes # 0

Thanks for your all your suggestions. Which Laptop is good in terms of Battery Life?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The biggest battery hog in a laptop is the screen, those with smaller screens will generally have a longer battery life which is why many go for netbooks. Having decided the screen size that suits you then go for the biggest capacity battery you can get for that machine. Most laptop suppliers offer a choice or the option of a higher capacity battery.

Like this post
johnathann

Likes # 0

Netbooks are restricted for certain usages. So I am badly in need of a Laptop with a descent screen size. So which laptop can I buy which stands good in terms of battery.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This article is from June 2010 but will still give you a guide

Like this post  
johnathann

Likes # 0

I think I will go for HP pavilion dv4

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This is the only current dv4 I could find on the HP UK website. You might want to also consider the more recent 6 series Click Here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......