We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CD Ripping Software

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Trying to rip a few CDs for the car but the software I have tried seems to be using a database far removed from what is actually on the CDs!

Any recommend a decent programme with a reliable database?

Don't mind paying for a half way decent programme.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Sorry I Clicked twice.OOOOOOOOOOps.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Even if you don't have an iPod, iTunes is free and does what you want. I believe (free) Audacity is ok; I also have a paid for version of Roxio but it has so many other features such as a photography section I don't use that I do not think I would buy it. However in combination with iTunes it quickly identifies most music (eg when I use Audials8 to record FM radio MP3's) it provides artist, artwork etc. Have a look at iTunes, Audacity and Roxio Creator via Google! I assume you want to assemble compilation CD's? Burn in audio format unless your car can recognise MP3.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Audacity wont "rip" audio from a cd it is audio editing/recording software.If it's just to rip audio from a cd to create another cd windows media will do this just fine also winamp too!

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

I just use Windows Media player

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Same here WMP

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Thanks for the responses.

Tried WMP first but it simply defaults to the inaccurate software I've already mentioned.

If I uninstall the software there is no "Rip" option with WMP.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

What player do you have in the car? In WMP go to tools- options- rip music then select WAV (lossless) or if your car player plays MP3 use that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more