We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kodak 5250 Constant Paper jam

amanda70

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a kodak 5250 and I can not print. I have followed the troubleshooting options on the Kodak web site. But It does not matter if I load 1 sheet of paper or 10 it still screws up the paper and jams. And I have to take the back off and remove paper. I must have wasted about 50 sheets this afternoon.

Any ideas I would appreciate , we have had the printer for about 16 months, it is always temperamental, but never this bad!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Have you had a look inside the printer to see if any previous small pieces of jammed/torn paper are still in there. Or perhaps roller or component damage, which may have been due to jamming or paper removal?.

Personally, when a printer starts giving problems, then I start thinking about replacement, more than repair or further involvement. Printers are very cheap nowadays (its the original cartridges that are expensive), compared to what they use to be. If you have a stock of cartridges, then perhaps check for a similar cartridge type printer!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers