We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TalkTalk log in

shellship

Likes # 0

While both my wife and I are with Entanet as our BB provider our downloads are with Lineone (me) and Tiscali (her) as we wanted to keep our email addresses when we went BB many moons ago. Both are now owned by TalkTalk. I have no problem logging into my account on the TT site from any computer and no difficulty in doing so into her account from my computer. However neither she nor I can log into her account from her computer - "wrong email address or password". We both have Win XP up to date. The only difference is that I use Firefox and she still uses IE. We don't often need to use the TT site to access our mail boxes but I cannot understand why her box can be accessed from my machine but not from her's. Any ideas, please.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

"wrong email address or password"

check the account settings are the same on both machines.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

*Fruit Bat/\0/* Thanks, but bin there, dun that many times, just in case and that's not it, but thanks for trying.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Delete account and then re-enter them. Sounds daft but often works.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not saying its the answer, but TalkTalk have been changing their procedures regarding 'more secure' password security. Some of the old passwords have been regarded as not secure enough, and TalkTalk have requested that the customer 'improves' on these. Reminders and pop-ups have been issued on this subject.

I have a Lineone and Tiscali account with TalkTalk, and have received this information to the point that I have had to consider changing my passwords formats, and have done so. The reminders and pop-ups then stopped.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide