We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

EDITING FROM" MY PICTURES"

PERN

Likes # 0

When scrolling through My Pictures, clicking on one pic for editing, I click on edit ,under the pic and up comes a highly zoomed in version of the pic.I have obviously clicked on something somewhere which I want to reverse. Can anybody help please

Like this post
PERN

Likes # 0

Have now rt clicked on "choose programme" and up comes a list showing opening up with WINDOWS PICTURE and FAX VIEWER. Could not find default programme

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Or from Properties (from your right click on your picture) you should be able to change the Program

Like this post
PERN

Likes # 0

Been into Control panel but no default programmes, could it be under another heading

Like this post
PERN

Likes # 0

Found facility in properties to change but it is already showing opening with WINDOwS PICTURE and FAX VIEWER

Like this post
PERN

Likes # 0

Must leave it tonight, any ideas please let me know.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Are you sure you have MS Picture Manager?

Microsoft Picture Manager is installed along with Microsoft Office Suites beginning with the 2003 version. If MS Office was not reinstalled...you will not have MS Picture Manager.

If you have Microsoft Office...go to...Start / Programs / Microsoft Office / Microsoft office Tools / Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

The executable for MS Picture Manager is OIS.EXE

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

"Found facility in properties to change but it is already showing opening with WINDOwS PICTURE and FAX VIEWER"

In Properties click Change next to Opens With then in the Open With Box - Choose the Program you want to use to open this file - if MS Picture Manager is NOT in list click on the little downward "chevron" at the end of the line where it says Other Programs - if still NOT in that list click Browse and search for it - when found click on it and it will appear in the file name box at the bottom of the screen - then you can put a tick in the box Always use the selected program to open this kind of file

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The best FREE picture editing program in my opinion is PICASA from Google. Download from here enter link description here

Like this post
PERN

Likes # 0

Hi Northumbria61 Tried downloading MS Picture Manager but to no avail, I have decided to use Picassa, which I already use, so now I have changed my setting to using Picassa to open my pics. Thankyou so much for your patience last night, will talk again ,soon, I am sure. IAN

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes