We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free CD/DVD burning program

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks Could someone recommend a good "Free" program for burning cd's and regular dvd's(VOB files)that will play on a standalone dvd player please?Thanks.

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Thanks Belatucadrus.I'll give that a go!

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

I was going to install ashampoo and came across this review!Has anyone else had these problems?Might CD burnerXP be better?

"They will stick their Conduit ToolBar down your throat even when you opt out. Such a bunch of garbage I have never seen in my life. You will regret downloading this software. Takes an act of Congress to get this junk out of your computer. Neither the Windows Uninstaller nor Revo Uninstaller would get all this crap out. Thank God I accidentally found an UN-installer by IoBit and it did the job"

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

One bad review in thirteen, all the other users of version 6.8 give it 5/5. I used to use one of the older versions before I picked up a copy of the full version on a cover disk and all I can say is it never gave me any problems. Here are some other user reviews to peruse, read and make up your own mind.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I've got both (and a few more burners.. imgburn, DVDflick, Roxio, WondershareDVD toVideo Burner) never had a problem not installing extra toolbars.

I think I have too many, must sort them out sometime. I've got Nero as well but never got round to installing it.

I keep meaning to try them out to see which one I like best but never get round to it.

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

Have a read here:enter link description here

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

It was really just the toolbar comment and the fact that it's hard to uninstall that worried me.This is for somone else's computer which came with Roxio cretor installed but it doesn't seem to burn dvd's only cd's or data discs!So does it install this toolbar even if you choose not to install it?Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED