We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

large movie file

gav223

Likes # 0

Hi.

I have a 7gb movie file on my Mac that I want to put on a USB stick to watch on my TV.

It is formatted in FAT 32, but an error code appears when I try to move it over.

I have tried other formats, which do allow it on the stick, but my TV doesn't recognise it.

Is there a way I can split into 2 smaller files and keep it in FAT 32 format.

Thanks.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

What format is the movie?

How will you play the movie from the Flash drive?

Its not as simple as putting a movie onto a flash drive in and playing it.

Like this post
gav223

Likes # 0

Hi.

My Samsung TV plays movies directly from the USB drive. I've used it plenty of times with no problems.

The reason I'm having problems is due to the drive not letting a file larger than 4 gb onto the stick in FAT 32 format. However this is the only format my TV will accept.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Try MPEG Streamclip for Mac.

In Windows it needs Quicktime Alternative 1.81 from filehippo.com Dunno bout Mac version. Readme will tell you.

Trim first half of movie and save, then Undo or reload it and trim second half.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Or you cluld see if any of the export options that your TV can play, will bring you under 4GB on a single file (possible loss of quality)

Like this post
gav223

Likes # 0

Thanks.

All sorted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...