We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I need help buying a motherboard

antony.dandrea

Likes # 0

I am building my own computer. I feel it is important to get everything absolutely correct for both now and the future.

I have decided to buy the Intel i5-2500k sandy bridge processor and need helping finding a compatible motherboard.

I understand the mother board will need a 1155 socket. But here are some more specs I want:

preferably under £100.

Is it possible to be compatible with more than one socket. So 1155 and 1366 for example?

I am not sure how many PCI connections one should have, but at least 1 PCIe x16 2.0.

Form factor of ATX.

A range of SATA connections (3.0Gbit/s and 6.0)

Supports DDR3. 16Gb or 8Gb. But i want to be able to have a wide selection of choice of what types of RAM and makes I can put into it, because I read a couple of manuals and they gave a limited list. I have no idea what this double memory and single memory business is. I just want RAM slots! With a RAM frequency of 1333.

That is all for now. Any suggestions/explanations gratefully received.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Check this novatech

Like this post
antony.dandrea

Likes # 0

Sorry, it looks great but I want atx size not micro atx. I worry micro atx isn't big enough and/or heats up too much, or doesnt have much room for expansion.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Suggest you go to the Novatech site, as csqwared's link, and give them a ring or email about your query.

link

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...