We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cant watch recorded videos

pete h

Likes # 0

hya people. i have a JVC Everio cam corder..after i have done a recording i cannot watch it for some reason. if i use the still camera i can see the stills ok but with the video i get an error saying unknown encoder.. can anyone help on this one ?

pete

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Try VLC. It plays most anything.

Like this post
pete h

Likes # 0

i already have that rob thanks mate but its not the player its the cam encoder. the videos play on the machine but i cant extract them off there to the laptop

pete

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Did the camera not come with Cyberlink Power Directtor to edit the video. The indiviual video files should play in Media Player and maybe in Media Center. Are you missing a video codec try downloading Vista codec pack.

Like this post
pete h

Likes # 0

i am using windows xp

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On ClickHere they advise to change the .mod file extension to .mpg or .avi then they play in VLC

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

About getting the .mod files onto your laptop - have you tried just copying them to a Folder? then you could just change the file ext before you play them in VLC

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow