We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT Yahoo update seems half-baked?

Diemmess

Likes # 0

I use BT Yahoo,had it a long time and am used to it, and in spite of what others may say, I was happy with it until a week or so ago.

Yahoo offered to upgrade to a new fast better version, with (I think) a warning that the change was coming very soon anyway and users of their old system might find difficulties as time went by.

I have long since shunned change for its own sake, but this time I pressed the button.

Since then, the display looks different. OK it looks sort of smart. Some things are hidden under a layer or behind a link, and most annoying when I return to the email page it doesn't put me straight into the inbox but offers a choice of where next!

First time email is loaded, it stays with the original Yahoo, but when I want to go back to that page later, its all in its new clothes.

I tried restoring a fortnight old Acronis.tib No difference, but then the Email bit isn't stored on the PC.

The situation isn't that important but if someone knows how to back track, or make this work properly I'd be grateful to hear of it?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I did have a look at the "changes" - as you say it looks different but I haven't worked out yet how to *backtrack* although it is not that important to me as I use Incredimail as my email client so it is a rare occasion that I log onto the server.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

what about www.oldversion.com?

johnny

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Diemmess

Hang in there. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

Same as this sites' update, you'll see the light soon enough.

Change is a bugger for us 'oldies' set in our ways.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

t seems you can no longer switch back - this is taken from the Yahoo Helpline

Can I switch back to a previous version of Mail?

Last Updated: 06 September 2011

We have removed the "Return to Original Mail" link from the help menu as we're strongly encouraging all users to migrate to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail. We will continue to invest heavily in the latest version of Yahoo! Mail, further improving it and delivering more compelling features to our users.

We know that changing to a new interface can seem daunting, so we’ve done everything possible to make the transition easy. We have created help pages specifically for users who have recently switched to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail, highlighting differences that you may notice:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/mail/ymail/migrating/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...