We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost text retriever

Muergo
Resolved

Likes # 0

I had a little program that would remember what you typed in forms etc so when you inadvertently hit a wrong key and lost the lot, it remembered the last half a dozen or so forms you filled in so you didn't have to start all over again. Somehow in updating, I've lost it and cant remember what it was

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have a look in - Start - All Programs or Recent Items to jog your memory OR do a system restore.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Been racking my brains for over an hour and then it came to me "Lazarus" What an appropriate title, now I have to see if it's available on FF7

Like this post  
northumbria61

Likes # 0

It is available on Firefox 7

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

I use Lazarus too and would have known if you hadn't remembered.

Nifty isn't it? I'm always losing long posts.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I've just lost a long post when using IE9 but I can't see a Lazarus for that engine. Is there something similar for IE9?

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

You could try IE7Pro

Some reports of minor issues with IE8 and more issues with IE9. Worth a punt though.

Lazarus discussion IE

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I see that there is a program "Office One Note" which does form retrieval and a whole lot more, about £40 on Amazon.

On Lazarus site he says he is working on an IE version and invites you to leave e-mail address to get notified when/if it's available, meanwhile if I need to do form filling or this post for example, just do it in Firefox.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

It happened again, I was doing a long post on a Ford owner forum and accidently hit the back button on my mouse and lost the whole lot, BUT this time Lazarus had it all stored and one click and it was retrieved.

Must make sure to use FF for form filling as no sign yet of an IE version

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

The other workaround, much as you should 'save as' an important Office Document every 15 mins or so, is to Cut and Paste a forum post to clipboard similarly.

If you use clipboard for urls as well, of course it will be lost.

Go back to Desktop, right click New Text Document. Paste and save.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

All very well Robin but what about getting to save every 15minutes and losing it at 14minutes?! Is there a way to store more than one item on the clipboard?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer