We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 from XP help needed please

golfpro

Likes # 0

I’m contemplating changing from XP to Win 7 on my Samsung nc10 net book. I already run two lap tops with 7 installed, so now I may as well bring in the Net book. The only thing is I would have to do a clean install which would mean losing a lot of my data, that is not a problem as a good clear out would do it good. The only thing is my Windows office 2007 which is a one time one computer install program but as I am only changing the operating system and using the same computer I still have the box with the product No on it could I enter that in after the install and get it back again?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Yes, I have carried my Office 2007 from XP to Windows 7 using the original product number with no problems whats so ever.

Like this post
golfpro

Likes # 0

gengiscant. Thanks for that.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I'm not sure the netbook will take the full W7 OS - the only ones I've seen have had a very basic, stripped down version installed.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...