We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Monitor problem.

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Son in Law had problems with his computer as the picture would fade away completely or come on again if you left clicked the mouse.

Thinking it was a computer problem I tried another old computer on it and had the same problem.

So that made it a monitor problem. It is an Acer 23" monitor but I don't know the model number.

As soon as you tried to open Menu or get as far as All programs and the picture would fade away.

Now she could get it to work connecting to her work place and I could get it to work in safe mode so not sure if the Monitor is a bin case or someone has been messing with the controls.

She has it in a darkish corner and the light was pretty poor so could not get a good look at it.

It cannot be a driver problem as it would not work properly on the other computer either.

Anybody any ideas as to what I should be looking for or do you think it is scrap.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

At least if you take gengiscant suggestion up, and you shop wisely, you should be covered with a three year warranty and support if things go wrong?.

Personally I have never experienced a new monitor to fail within 3 years, they seem to last forever!.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

buteman, not this weekends £100m plus Euro Lottery winner then?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...