We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Monitor problem.

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Son in Law had problems with his computer as the picture would fade away completely or come on again if you left clicked the mouse.

Thinking it was a computer problem I tried another old computer on it and had the same problem.

So that made it a monitor problem. It is an Acer 23" monitor but I don't know the model number.

As soon as you tried to open Menu or get as far as All programs and the picture would fade away.

Now she could get it to work connecting to her work place and I could get it to work in safe mode so not sure if the Monitor is a bin case or someone has been messing with the controls.

She has it in a darkish corner and the light was pretty poor so could not get a good look at it.

It cannot be a driver problem as it would not work properly on the other computer either.

Anybody any ideas as to what I should be looking for or do you think it is scrap.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok got the contrast fixed as well so not so bright now.

I think someone has been messing around with it.

Is it as easy as that if it works for me it should work for anyone.

Can I class this as resolved now.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Nope still not working right it is still fading and going a greyish black when shutting down and restarting.I could be doing with setting it back to factory settings or something like that.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Yep, I should think so. If you know the model number you should be able to get the manual on the Acer site, will help you with various settings.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

gengiscant

No luck with the Acer site when i try to download the manual it tells me I need acrobat reader and I have the latest version installed

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Post the link I'll have a go.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

gengiscant

Hi this is as far as I got. it is an Al2416W

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/monitor/0000/Acer/AL2416/AL2416ul.shtml

Not sure if this will help.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

That is AL2416W.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The k is probably for a Kensington lock.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Get it here: Manual I had trouble with the Acer site, But here is fine.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

gengiscant

Woolwell

Thanks for that just having a read through it just now.

[The k is probably for a Kensington lock]

Not sure what that means.I take it it means leave it alone if you don't know what you are doing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...