We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista Ultimate mail and download problems

Nessie

Likes # 0

2 or 3 days ago windows mail stopped downloading emails. Firefox, Mail, and various other problems sometimes work or come up with not respoding. If I close it after not responding it wont then open again untill rebooted. I have tried to do a virus check with BT net protect plus but it stops after 60 files. I have tried to download avast and avg antivirus but they wont download. I have tried using system restore for 30th September and 7th September but that does not fix the problem. I have tried to go into safe mode pressing F8 but instead of the usual list of options it just asks what I want to boot from DVD or Hard Drive. I press Hard Drive and PC starts as normal. I have put in the set up disk and it freezes ath the point where it asks to check for updates in the intial checks. I have used the scan now feature in command prompt and it found that there were no errors. I have checked internet connection and am connected and can browse if firefox starts up and still getting my normal speed. Any help would be great thanks

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You could try some of the suggestions on http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4079103/programs-randomly-freezing/ and see if any work for you.

Like this post
Nessie

Likes # 0

Thanks. will give them a try

Like this post
bazt

Likes # 0

Nessie have you had any updates downloaded to your system, Firefox has been conflickting on my machine afer the latest download. I uninstalled the latest and put back the old on and the sytem now works OK, I am using Vista.

Like this post
Nessie

Likes # 0

I think i have. what is the current version and how do i put it back to previous version. thanks

Like this post
Nessie

Likes # 0

Uninstalled firefox but still no joy. even internet explorer does not load. can't download any files. re install i think

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Start- computer- right click c: drive - properties- tools - check drives for error- and tick both boxes.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)