We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looking for a low budget monitor

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Having just purchased a new computer, I am now considering purchasing a low budget price monitor, that will suit the purpose of average normal daily use, general correspondence and internet surfing, not high end gaming. The preferred screen size would be in the region of 18.5 to 22.

Two 18.5 models that I have in mind is the Samsung Sync Master E1920N (Ebuyer code 259578) or LGW 1946S-BF (Ebuyer code 194601), but I am open to suggestions, up to a budget of £60 to £120.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

What sort of connections are you wanting? VGA-DVI-HDMI?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Thanks guys for the input.

Does anyone else what to add, before I tick this post as resolved, and make the purchase?.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If no TV in the room and you get bored with the computer you could get a TV/Monitor for that bit extra.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

buteman, we have tv's in most of the rooms, some are connected to the cctv system, freeview and satellite.In most cases the content is so boring, that sanity is via the computer ;o)

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes I have to agree all you seem to get is adverts on the TV and it is the same on most channels.

Plus very few decent channels to watch.

Get bored with the computer as well but it is either that or painting and decorating.

looks like the computer wins.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Some fairly cheap ones here.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-pc-monitors/monitor-projectors-708-c.html

I liked the 24" one but that is outside the size that you wanted.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I have to agree with Borderview. I bought one a few months ago and am delighted with it. It displays in full HD 1980x1020 if you need it. There is no HDMI connector, but unless you want to rig up a home cinema system to it you don't need that anyway. For normal PC use, DVI is fine.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

Should be 1920x1080 - apologies

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites