We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dll error message

Hetti

Likes # 0

After installing a wireless adapter on XP PC all seemed fine, until I closed down the PC and started it 20 mins later, I then got the error message "Run a dll as an app has encountered a problem and needs to close" my wireless internet connection had also disappeared.

Any ideas please?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Are you using the wireless adaptors own software or windows to connect to the router?

If its own software have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling or uninstalling and let windows handle the connection?

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\

I had used the wireless adaptors own software, but when i tried to uninstall it (to reinstall it letting widows handle it) I got another error message saying "setup experienced a problem and needs to close"

I should mention this is an old PC and I have two hard drive monitors installed on it, Ashampoo reports "some mechanical problems none critical" but Seagate passes the hard drive, it is a Seagate reconditioned hard drive, would it cause this sort of problem if hard drive is going?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Doubt it,

Think its more like a conflict problem.

Download revo uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/revouninstallerfree_download.html reinstall the wireless software using revo to monitor the install then uninstall it with revo.

that should get rid of it for the moment, then let windows handle the connection.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ I downloaded Revo on flash drive then installed onto PC in question I started the uninstall and when it was almost finished I got the same sort of error message "windows has encountered a problem and needs to close" however I carried on and the uninstall was carried out OK

I need to ask you how I let Revo monitor the install now?

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Sorry I see that it is a real time monitor in Revo, Ill go ahead now and do the install.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\

I did as you suggested and all seems fine at the moment(although I have not rebooted yet) Hopefully thats it now, will get bak if it happens again. Thanks

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Good morning all

Just booted up the PC in question and it gave me sound like a fire engine alarm, this continued until I closed the PC down. When I booted up the PC a second time there was no sounds just the noral "Beep" on post. It is a Phoenix motherboard

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Game of Thrones VFX work wins Emmy for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...