We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

dvd drive not recognised by some programs

conrail

Likes # 0

using windows 7 home premium sp1 64 bit 4Gb ram, Optical Storage drive is DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM. I have 2 video editing programs I use, magix movies edit pro which gives me options for text on each scene and is the primary program I use, worked well with vist home premium and serif movie plus x3, the pc I have is 1 week old. Both programs when it comes to burning to dvd don't recognise the dvd drive, windows movie maker does and also ashampoo burning studio. how can I make the drive appear in these 2 programs, I did when 1st trying see that there is a missing dll but the message only appeared once and disappeared very quickly, all help and advice gratefully received because all movies are of my granddaughter

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

User Guide Click here Page 174, Exporting Movies To Disc, (My version is an Old V5, but should be very much the same)

In serif movie plus x3, Goto File, Export Movie, To Disc...,

Click the RED Bullet, or Click Options, Write Disc Image...,

Select a Folder Path (Don't forget the Path, Make it simple, Select Desktop, Make a New Folder, Call it TEST DVD press return, Click OK) Click Write Button, When it's done, Click Close.

Next, Close Menu Designer, Close serif movie plus x3.

Goto your Desktop, Find the Folder Named TEST DVD Open it, Inside you will find a file with a suffix of .sba and another Folder (on mine Both are named Untitled Folder and Untitled.sba, Open the Folder, Inside that are Two more Folders (OpenDVD) & VIDEOTS) it's the VIDEOTS Folder you need, All your DVD Files (BUP IFO VOB)s are in there.

Then use ashampoo burning studio or Nero to Burn them to DVD.

As for magix movies, I'm trying to find out if a Folder or ISO can be made instead of Burning a Disc.

I'll have a go at that one tomorrow.

David.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Note, in the above,

VIDEOTS = VIDEO_TS

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks David, I appreciate your help and advice in sorting out my problem, again many thanks, Harry

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Harry,

In (My Version), MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 15, When you have Edited the Video, Click the Burn Button (Top Right), Set the Menu for the DVD, When Done, Click the Export Button (Flaming Disc Icon), Click DVD,

Go to Step 3, Click the Flaming Disc Icon to (Start Burn Process:), a Box pops up saying, "A DVD burner could not be found. Do you still wish to encode the movies in DVD format?", Click Yes Button, and off it goes making the Folder with the files for the DVD, Later, when it's done it's work, another Box pops up saying "Burning successfully completed.", Click OK, Click Close, Close MAGIX Movie Edit Pro,

Goto the Desktop, Double click Computer Icon, In the Left Column, Click Libraries, Documents, My Documents, (Click, on mine it's MAGIXMovieEditPro15Downloadversion), Disc Images, (and again on mine it's DVD Image 2011-10-07 inside that Folder you will find the (BUP IFO & VOB)s to Burn the DVD with Ashampoo Burning Studio or Nero.

If you have any questions, I'll be back, later on this evening.

David.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

This editor don't like Underscores formatted Bold.

Note, in the above,

MAGIXMovieEditPro15Downloadversion = MAGIXMovieEditPro15Downloadversion

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Last try

MAGIXMovieEditPro15Downloadversion

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

OK, Even unformatted don't work.

Right, I'll try this, where you see a Space replace it with an Underscore,

Below is the folder,

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 15 Download version

That's the Folder where you will find the Disc Images folder.

Time for bed.

David.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks for all you help and advice, error message popped up again to say what missing DLL was so went to ms site and searched, found it, downloaded it and everything is fine, dvd drive recognised.again, many thanks for your help and advice

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...