We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

FF6 & 7 has problems viewing web pages

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Windows 7 - FF7 - IE9

I have a new PC only 2-3 months old, but I dont think the current problem I'm having is anything to do with that.

I've been using FF for a couple of years, as my main browser and I've never experienced any problems such as those I was getting with FF6 and now I'm now getting using FF7 with W7. However, although initially I thought my problem was with W7, I am now sure it isn't.

Because I tried my other browser IE9 and have no problem. That's when I decided to update to FF7 but it's still the same.

I'm stumped, so here's a link showing a web page using IE9, notice the headers for each of the 6 middle sections...Click Here

This is with FF7, compare the same sections...Click Here You'll notice how the lines of type are jumbled together? On some websites images/photos are displaced.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Very strange, I have had a graphics problem for ages with missing photos on Firefox, same site, say a photo on e-bay or Amazon comes out perfectly on IE9 but is missing on FF. I can get them in FF by changing engine while staying on FF site, I've tried as advised here before creating a new profile but that made no difference.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I had another problem last week, while doing a web site critique for a friend.

This is how the photo's looked to me...Click Here

This is how they were supposed to look...Click Here

But for some reason? when I checked it today, that particular problem has now seemed to have rectified it'self? Another problem I had was 'copy & paste', it just wouldn't do it, it would however 'cut & paste'? But once again the good news is that this to has cleared up and I can now do both once again?

Never-the-less I still have this word jumbling thing, what that all about?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You posted 2 bad sites with your click here's so maybe that is your problem you are going into bad sites so maybe give Malwarebytes a run and see if it finds any problems.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I should have added both the bad sites were on your first post the 2nd post click here's were ok.

This from your first click here.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/imtp.me

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi buteman

But I've been using 'IM Tool Pack' since it first came on, it must be a couple of years now and this is the first trouble I've incurred? Mind you it's a screen capture software and this is the first time I've actually used its screen capture link to send to anyone. Although I wonder if it's compatible with W7? Anyway as you say, if it's thought that well of...it's history. For the second post I used 'image Shack' or whatever it's called.

I'll do as you say and post back tomorrow, cheers buteman.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I had WOT warnings on both sites as well, but I wonder where these ratings come from. They told me a Daily Telegraph site was bad the other day but nothing wrong with it at all. I have SAS running continuously and an auto Malwarebytes every day, plus Microsoft Essentials and ASC and Secunia says I'm 100% so entering those sites either was caught or they were not harmful.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I gave up on WOT some time ago as it gave too many incorrect assessments.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I only just downloaded it from a recommendation on this forum. I think I will scrub it

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Muergo

I also have Avast Webrep and it gave it as no security ratings.

Be interesting to see what McAfee Site Advisor or AVG Link scanner gives them.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

UPDATE

I have Web Rep too and it didn't say anything to me either. Still, it's gone now and while I was about it I also got rid of 'Microsoft Essentials' I never was happy with that and to think I got rid of 'AVAST' and 'SpywareTerminator' for that , I never ever got a trojan with their protection. Still not to worry, I now have them back again.

It's a shame about the 'IM Tool Pack' though, because it was a lot quicker than having to...do a screen capture - save the image - go on line - log into 'Image Shack' - find the file - to get the URL. With IMTP all I had to do was a screen capture and then press one button. Now I see you guys are uncertain as to the validity of 'WOT'?! It never rains.

Still, where was I ran my whole gamit of protection scanners...

MalwareBytes

IO Bit Malware Fighter

SuperAntiSpyware

Search & destroy

McAfee Stinger

I ran them in that order. The first two in the list each found a trojan's (different ones) and couple of other things. All of which I got rid of. The others came up clean. which was good and I'm glad I did it, however, I still have my same problem...

Click Here...this happens on most sites on the net, I'm still at a loss?!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad