We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

FF6 & 7 has problems viewing web pages

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Windows 7 - FF7 - IE9

I have a new PC only 2-3 months old, but I dont think the current problem I'm having is anything to do with that.

I've been using FF for a couple of years, as my main browser and I've never experienced any problems such as those I was getting with FF6 and now I'm now getting using FF7 with W7. However, although initially I thought my problem was with W7, I am now sure it isn't.

Because I tried my other browser IE9 and have no problem. That's when I decided to update to FF7 but it's still the same.

I'm stumped, so here's a link showing a web page using IE9, notice the headers for each of the 6 middle sections...Click Here

This is with FF7, compare the same sections...Click Here You'll notice how the lines of type are jumbled together? On some websites images/photos are displaced.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Buteman

"I think you need WOT for .I/E and one for Firefox."...Did that.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

It was AntiVir that said II should uninstall MSE but I just stopped the AntiVir, I think MSEssentials has more to offer.

I have most programs on autoupdate or advise by popup if there is one to do.

I have done most things in Mozillazine to fix the graphics, but there are a lot of people with the same problem it would seem.

I'm going to do one more new profile and then if no work I shall do a complete reinstall

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today