We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Desktop Specification

subi

Likes # 0

I have decided to update my system which is a Dell Dimension 2400 system, now 8 years old. The local computer shop has a desktop with the following specification AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition AM3 Socket Processor ( 3.20Ghz) 4GB DDR3 RAM Memory 500GB SATA Hard Drive Storage ASUS AM3 M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard Palit 1GB GEF GTS 450 PCI-Express 7.1 Onboard Soundcard Sony 24X 7240S DVD Writer Sony DVD-ROM 16X Reader CIT 1007 PC Case 600 watt power supply. Is this a reasonable system for £344? Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit will cost an extra £77.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Yes it is a reasonable system and I would advise going with the Windows 7 option. You do not state what you use your PC mainly for, but this will take care of most needs even gaming.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Take a look at this sub £500 chart

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone