We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

recorded tv to dvd

Hucky
Resolved

Likes # 0

hi..can u tell me if there is a way to do this...i have a dvd/video recorder many thanx!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Do you mean you have a dvd/video recorder connected to your tv and you want to record a tv program?

If so then it will tell you in the user manual how to do it and there should also be a diagram of how to connect it to your tv. If you have lost the manuals you could google for the make and model of your tv and the dvd/video recorder.

Due to the many, many different types of tv's and dvd/video recorders the connections and instructions will vary according to the equipment you have.

Like this post
Hucky

Likes # 0

i do record tv and am wanting to know if i can burn that onto a dvd...i am thinking of getting a dvd/video combi to do my video`s too

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

1. what have you got it recorded on? a hard drive recorder?

I transfer some of my programs fron the Humax PVR to an old Alba DVD recorder by connecting the scart from the Humax to the DVD and setting the DVD to record from scart.

Play button on the Humax - Record button on the Alba, stop when its finished or even pause during the adverts.

Finish the dvd s before removing from the Alba I can then play then on my laptop when I'm away from home.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

You should be able to do the same thing connecting the video recorder to the dvd recorder to transfer your old tapes to DVD.

Like this post
Hucky

Likes # 0

Toshiba DVR20 Digital DVD Recorder and VCR i am thinking of buying this...can i record tv straight from this??

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\'s got it covered :)

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I'm confused

you said --- i have a dvd/video recorder and your title is -- recorded tv to dvd

What recorder do you have already and what are your programs recorded on?

Like this post
Hucky

Likes # 0

SORRY YES...I HAVE A HARD DRIVE TV RECORDER AND WANT TO KNOW IF I BOUGHT A DVD/VIDEO RECORDER IF I COULD USE THAT TO BURN THE PROGRAMS TO A DVD TA (EXCUSE CAPS!)

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

yes as I posted above just check before you buy that it will record from the scart input socket.

Like this post  
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

You have a hard drive TV recorder, is that with Virgin ,Sky ,BT or other.

If it is with virgin,you will need to connect scart cables from the Digibox (Marked VIDEO))to the recorder (normally top slot) and the bottom slot to the TV.

As far as I know you cannot use a HD cable to record to a Video recorder or a combi sysytem.

I believe SKY only has a HD output so you cannot do it.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad