We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 7 screensize

alslyall57

Likes # 0

does anyone know how to maintain the size of a web page so it remembers it next time i open it ? with xp you used to just drag it out the corners and it would open it and remember the size with windows 7 it reverts back to the smaller screen i know i can select full screen from tools top right and it stays the same but loose my search bars when doing this im new to 7 so maybe this function wont be available any ideas

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Open the IE8 and size the window to your liking. Then hold down the CTRL key while clicking the “X” to close the program. This will set the IE window to open at this setting every time. works for vista and w7

Like this post
alslyall57

Likes # 0

hi thanks for your help tried what you posted not worked however im running IE9 any other ideas ? many thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try this. Expand the page using the two arrowed cursor on each side of the page so it fills the screen to your liking. Now press and hold the SHIFT key while clicking on the X, top right, to close.

Like this post
alslyall57

Likes # 0

hi

tried what you said rdave13 still returns back to smaller size ???

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

OK. Try this. Open this page to it's "normal" small size and use the 'maximize' icon on top right. Once the page is full then right click the link at the bottom of this post and select open in a new window. Once the BBC window opens then hover your cursor over the IE icon in taskbar and select this page again. Once this page is showing then close it using the 'x' top right. Now do the same with the BBC page that is now showing. Hopefully when you open IE again it will open to a full page.

BBC News

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do