We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Flash Player for 32bit continuous problem

geedad

Likes # 0

Windows 7, Home premium, i5 intel. 64bit.I am having continuous trouble with trying to update from 10.3.181.34 Adobe Flash Player to ver. 10.3.183.10 for my 32bit IE. I am OK with the latest AFP download for my 64bit IE (11.0.1.129). I have started new subjects on this problem a couple of times, but I still have not found an answer to it. The problem I have is that when I use my email programme, and I link to a movie, it tells me that I need to update my Flash Player. When I try to update it, it tells me that I already have the latest AFP update! ( Well, I HAVE 11.0.1.129), so why don't the videos play! Thesr are the installed Adobe stuff: Adobe AIR 16/04/2011 ver. 1.0.0.1 Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin 10/07/2011 ver. 10.3.181.34 Adobe Flash Player 11 ActivexX 64-bit 12/09/2011 11.0.1.129 Adobe Reader X (10.1.1) 14/09/2011 10.1.1 AdobeShockwave Player 11.5 16/04/2011 11.5.9.620 If I use Google Chrome, then my animated stuff is OK, but that doe not solve the email videos. Help! geedad

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

First you'll have to uninstall the old version of Adobe Flash Player...CLICK HERE

Then you'll be able to install the new version...CLICK HERE

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

SORRY

The CLICK HERE's are the wrong way round!!!

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Graphicool1

SORRY

The CLICK HERE's are the wrong way round!!!

So's my brain! But thanks! geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Graphicool1 My Windows Applications folder now shows that the uninstall and install of the Adobe Flash Player was successful! However, I STILL cannot play videos when logging on to IE 32 bit. Message is "You need to update your Flash Player" blah blah...! I am now going to try IE 64-bit, and I will let you know how I get on. geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Graphicool1

NO! That doesn't work,either! Back to the drawing board! geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Graphicool1

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Graphicool1

Like this post
rozzo66

Likes # 0

Hi geedad,I too had the same problems as you have got with flash player. I tried everything i could think of up to and including a system restore,flash videos refused to play on youtube. Then somebody suggested it could be the Firewall blocking youtube. In the end i uninstalled Kaspersky internet security 11 and reinstalled it and now everything is back to normal.

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

rozzo66 I have a freebie, AVG. Could that be the problem? But don't forget, I CAN play all video content through Google Chrome,so would AVG bypass that? However,I will have a look at AVG to see what it is blocking. Thanks - I need as much help as possible. geedad

Like this post
rozzo66

Likes # 0

I could play flash video with google chrome too,but in no other web browser.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...