We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Flash Player for 32bit continuous problem

geedad

Likes # 0

Windows 7, Home premium, i5 intel. 64bit.I am having continuous trouble with trying to update from 10.3.181.34 Adobe Flash Player to ver. 10.3.183.10 for my 32bit IE. I am OK with the latest AFP download for my 64bit IE (11.0.1.129). I have started new subjects on this problem a couple of times, but I still have not found an answer to it. The problem I have is that when I use my email programme, and I link to a movie, it tells me that I need to update my Flash Player. When I try to update it, it tells me that I already have the latest AFP update! ( Well, I HAVE 11.0.1.129), so why don't the videos play! Thesr are the installed Adobe stuff: Adobe AIR 16/04/2011 ver. 1.0.0.1 Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin 10/07/2011 ver. 10.3.181.34 Adobe Flash Player 11 ActivexX 64-bit 12/09/2011 11.0.1.129 Adobe Reader X (10.1.1) 14/09/2011 10.1.1 AdobeShockwave Player 11.5 16/04/2011 11.5.9.620 If I use Google Chrome, then my animated stuff is OK, but that doe not solve the email videos. Help! geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

rozzo66 That is very, very useful and interesting! You have been very helpful indeed, and I thank you again. If you keep an eye on this thread, if I find a solution, I will let you know immediately. Obviously, something is blocking the animations, but you have given me fresh hope that it can be solved! geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

rozzo66

Just had a thought! Should I uninstall the very latest AFP 11 ActiveX 64-bit 11.0.1.129, PLUS all the others? Then reinstall AFP 11 ActiveX 64-bit again?

geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Hi, All Forum members who subscribed to my Adobe Flash Player problems. Could this really have been the answer? I unticked (turned off) ActiveX filtering, and all animations, movies clips etc, are now working fine! Can't believe that! Hope this helps other members who had the same problem, and thanks to everyone who responded so readily. geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

rozzo66 Your post:

Posted September 30, 2011 at 10:01PM

"Hi geedad,I too had the same problems as you have got with flash player. I tried everything i could think of up to and including a system restore,flash videos refused to play on youtube. Then somebody suggested it could be the Firewall blocking youtube. In the end i uninstalled Kaspersky internet security 11 and reinstalled it and now everything is back to normal"

**rozzo66 This is the clue that put me back on track! So, I disabled ActiveX, and everything works now!**

Thanks again, geedad

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia