We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Increasing digital drawing size

kimtrnc

Likes # 0

I work in Painter X. My drawings/paintings look great in Painter, but even if I increase the size in Painter, my amazing artwork maintains the same output size.

I'm absolutely sure this is a simple matter - problem is, I cannot persuade my system to agree with my requests. (Story of my computing life - it was all so much simpler when we used DOS..!!)

If it's relevant, I am still using good old XP

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

By increasing thwe size do you mean you have changed the print size or the image size ? if you are changing the print size and dont resample then the image size will remain the same ie X m/bytes though the resolution will change ie PPi However if you choose resample then the resolution will remain the same but the Image(file size )will alter

Like this post
kimtrnc

Likes # 0

eedcam,thanks for answering. I don't quite understand what you mean by "resample"

I am able to change the size of my work inside Painter, by using the various sliders.

I can enlarge my pictures in Painter as much as I like, but as soon as I leave Painter the image has reverted to a very much smaller pic, and I can't find a way of enlarging it.

I would like to print onto A3 (I have an A3 colour printer) or even bigger, with the best of my work.

I have also tried changing the number of pixels - this doesn't seem to work, either.

I am sure this is some really obvious mistake I am making - but I am VERY OLD!!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you should be resizing the canvas see Resize files in painter x and the last post on the page.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room