We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

installing router

Woodman2

Likes # 0

I have been sent a new router, a D-Link DSL-2680 by Talk Talk to replace the out of date Sagem modem I was using on my Advent 7108 laptop with XP but it will not connect to my server. I have tried another new router of the same type but that does not work either. Any suggestions please? Thanks.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Have you accessed the router when connected by ethernet cable to setup?

setup router

Like this post
Woodman2

Likes # 0

Yes. I set it up as described in their booklet for wired use.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Then I think you must have the wrong username or password. If you call the helpline from the TT phone, you will get a recorded message giving you both. Username is normally your full phone number then @talktalk.net.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Have you got a filter on the line connection to the router?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

FB - think he must have as the plugs from PC to filter and filter to phone socket are different?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I had a sililar problem with a Belkin. My ISP user name and password was different from the e Mail ie [email protected] and not [email protected]; My ISP (Pipex /Talk Talk) were helpful in talking me through it on the phone.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have used the same route that john bunyan used. Contact TT support, they will talk you through it, in an easy to understand way. If they cannot connect, then they will take it from there.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have you followed the steps:

TalkTalk Setting up your D-Link DSL-2680 Router ClickHere

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Come on lotvic, do keep up - I posted that link at 7:42 this am! :-)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

heehee, so you did onthelimit1. I am getting near my 'sell by' date. Though I've a few years left (I hope) before my 'use by' ;)

Woodman2, have you sorted it out yet?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK