We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is the following caused by Windows 7 or what?...

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I used FF6 now FF7 + IE9 on Windows 7

I originally opened this in the Windows 7 Forum, but they tend to move a little slower there.

A friend is building a website, he posted me the link to check what he'd done so far and do a critiqué. At that time I was viewing it with FF6 on Win 7.

This is how the pictures looked..CLICK HERE.

I told him they weren't centred and he didn't understand. He had viewed it using all of the following, in every configuration...FF6 - FF7 - IE8 - Chrome - Safari - WinXP and Vista. In all cases the pictures looked as he had intended, symmetrical.

So I updated to FF7 and tried again, the result was the same as it had been before...Pictures to the left. So I tried with IE9...

This how the pictures look...CLICK HERE...just as they were intended to look. I can only think it has something to do with Windows 7 but what, that's my question?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Sorry about that, in fact that's something else that is happening. Sometimes when I highlight something I click 'Copy' then 'Paste' and the thing that is pasted is not what I was supposed to be copying just then. Instead it's something I copied prior. Although I can 'Cut' and 'Paste', all this is begining to sound more like my original thought, a PC problem?

Still this should be the link...Click Here

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Sorry about that, in fact that's another thing, I'm not always able to 'copy' and 'Paste'. But so far I am able to 'Cut' and 'Paste'. Which sounds more like my original theory, that it's a PC thing?

Anyway here's the link...Click Here If you still want it, now that it's looking increasingly like the PC.?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I didn't realise it had gone over the page, hence the, more or less duplicate posting.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think it must be your system. The site looks as it should on FF7 for me.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I've just looked into my 'Event Viewer' and it isn't a pretty site. It's all 'Red Error' exclamation marks and 'Yellow Warning' exclamation marks. On reading a cross section of them, everyone I've read have been asking for 'Driver Updates for Windows 7'. The error and warning signs date back to 06/07/2011 wich was more or less when I got the PC.

I assumed driver updates for Window came with Windows Updates? Apparently Not!

How and where do I get them?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

For a new pc you shouldn't have any warning marks. All of the drivers should have been correctly installed and only needed updating if there were snags. You will need to check each device and then go to the manufactuer's site and download the drivers. But this should not have happened and I would contact the supplier.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

No, perhaps I didn't explain it right. They aren't for third party hardware, the drivers it's asking me to update are for Windows 7 it'self?! Ie Boot Drivers etc

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Here's a brief taster...

Event Details:

Product: Windows Operating System

ID: 7026

Source: Service Control Manager

Version: 6.1

Symbolic Name: EVENTBOOTSYSTEMDRIVERSFAILED

Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1

Resolve: Update Drivers

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Here's another one...

WMI supports a query language called the WMI Query Language (WQL). WQL is a subset of structured query language (SQL) that is used by most relational database management systems. An event filter query is a WQL query that is used when processing WMI events.

Event Details

Product: Windows Operating System

ID: 10

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI

Version: 6.1

Symbolic Name: WBEMMCCANNOTACTIVATEFILTER

Message: Event filter with query "%2" could not be activated again in namespace "%1" because of error %3. Events may not be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Resolve: Update permanent event subscriptions

To correct the query, examine the event registration by using the WMI Event Registration tool included with 'CIM Studio' and updating the permanent subscriptions for the listed provider and query. If the permanent subscription was created by a MOF file included with an installed product, you must contact the application vendor to correct the faulty registration.

The trouble here is that 'CIM Studio' doesn't mention support for any Windows above WinXP. But that's the least of my problems, even if it does support W7 I don't know how to use it.?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I'm going to give sfc /scannow a go, before doing anything else or maybe CHKDSK

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites