We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is the following caused by Windows 7 or what?...

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I used FF6 now FF7 + IE9 on Windows 7

I originally opened this in the Windows 7 Forum, but they tend to move a little slower there.

A friend is building a website, he posted me the link to check what he'd done so far and do a critiqué. At that time I was viewing it with FF6 on Win 7.

This is how the pictures looked..CLICK HERE.

I told him they weren't centred and he didn't understand. He had viewed it using all of the following, in every configuration...FF6 - FF7 - IE8 - Chrome - Safari - WinXP and Vista. In all cases the pictures looked as he had intended, symmetrical.

So I updated to FF7 and tried again, the result was the same as it had been before...Pictures to the left. So I tried with IE9...

This how the pictures look...CLICK HERE...just as they were intended to look. I can only think it has something to do with Windows 7 but what, that's my question?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

"I originally opened this in the Windows 7 Forum, but they tend to move a little slower there."

...I take it all back, I'm beginning to think it's the weather. Everyone must be outside sunbathing! Perhaps that what I should do too.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't think that it is a Windows of any variety thing but browser dependent and it may be to do with add-ons/extensions.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell

Well these are the 'Add On's' I have...

None

As for 'Extension's' these are they...

Adblock Plus 1.3.10 & Download Eccelerator Plus 9.7.0.7

I tried disabling these, it made no difference.

As for 'Plug In's' I have...

QuickTime Plug-In 7.7 7.7.0.0

Shockwave flash 10.3.138.10

When I disabled the Flash, I didn't get any pictures. When I diabled the QT no music.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Odd. You will need a website expert.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

But it can't be anything to do with the guy's website build...

He's viewed it using all of the following, in every configuration...FF6 - FF7 - IE8 - Chrome - Safari - WinXP and Vista. In all cases the pictures looked as he had intended, symmetrical. When I told him my experience using FF6 and FF7 on a Win7 OS. He went ahead and tested it out himself with another Win7 PC and it was as it had been with all his other tests.

Baring in mind that it also works fine on my Win7 if I use IE9

Further to this I can nolonger sign in on PCA with FF7, but I can with IE9, That's what I'm using to write and post this...

Firefox's days are numbered on my PC

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There must be something different on your version of Firefox. Clear the cache and see what happens.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Woolwell

no, that did nothing, I clear that at the end of every session anyway

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

UPDATE

I found out why I couldn't sign in to PCA, it's because FF wasn't receiving 'Cookies'. I changed that and now it's business as usual on the PCA playing field. But no change with the neighbours website? It still isn't displaying the pictures correctly.

I'm wondering if perhaps there might be a conflict between FF and my Graphics Card? I am using it's latest drivers for Windows 7. But I don't know how to find out how FF feels about them? Any ideas?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Can you put a link to the actual site? I could see what it looked like on my set up.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwel

HERE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features