We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Email client configuration and advice needed.

stannerz

Likes # 0

I am currently using Thunderbird, Gmail and Zoho mail for my business emails. The reason I use all three is all three offer a certain element I need. (thunderbird mail merge plugin can send mass individual emails to clients, gmail is online so I can access from my phone, zoho I can send specific content from the Zoho CRM I am using).

My issues are 2.

1. Since yesterday my zoho mail has stopped recieving emails and I think it is conflicting with either Thunderbird or Gmail.
  2. I currently have 3 email clients receiving 3 lots of email messages therefore I have to delete, change, edit, all 3 times!.

Is there anyway around this? Is there any additional plugins or ways to configure the clients to work together?

Any help greater received,

Lee

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have never used Zoho so cannot comment on that but I gather that you want to access e-mails on the move and have the same e-mails on your e-mail clients when you return. For this I would use imap instead of pop.

Like this post
mimosa418

Likes # 0

I suggest you set up Gmail to receive your other accounts then only download from gmail. Click here for instructions and advice

Like this post
stannerz

Likes # 0

Thanks for the posts, I am using IMAP which I do not know how to delete emails off the server. No sooner do I delete one from Thunderbird, it then appears in gmail a day later when I am using gmail. Is this just down to the leaving them message on the server settings??

Also in terms of setting up gmail as a message fetcher, Gmail will house all then does this mean Zoho mail and Thunderbird will sit below and fetch from gmail or my mail server?

Thanks for the help, any links or youtube clicks really help.

Lee.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

imap mail remains on the server. You have to purge the deleted e-mails. I use primarily use Outlook but this thread should help Thunderbird purge. Compact should do it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...