We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Incredimail Problem Sending Email

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Windows 7

I have both sent and received emails without a hitch, until 15 minutes ago. I can still receive them, but when I try to send them I get the following message...

535 5.7.0 Error: authentication failed: authentication failure

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Do a simple PC re-start, then try again.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Nontek

Been there, tried that, no joy, still the same.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

In Incredimail go to Tools>Accounts, highlight the account and click on Properties, then click on each Tab in turn, without making any changes. Then OK out and close Incredimail.

Then reopen Incredimail and try again.

If still no joy, try a System Restore back to when it was working properly.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Before I go there, let me run this by you...

When I was running Inc Mail on my other (old) PC. After I'd transferred it from an even older one. It was making me sign in everytime I used it. So I played around with identities and eventually manged to not have to sign in.

When I got my present PC I transferred IncMail to that. Since I was unable to send emails today, I clicked on one of the old identities and I could then send emails?

So I'll try your first suggestion.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I just found the problem, I was doing what you suggested nontek, when I noticed that my 'Outgoing Mail (SMTP)' was a 3 digit number and it's usually 2. It should in fact be '25' but was '587'?

The following could just be a coincidence, but it makes you think. Yesterday I received an odd phone call, the phone rang, I said hello and silence, then there was a quiet 'ting' and a recorded womans voice said 'Goodbye'.

Later when I was on line my PC was megga slow. So I unplugged everything from the Broadband box, including the telephone connection. Waited 30 secs, plugged them back in and the PC was back up to speed.

I phoned BT to tell them, but he already new I'd received that call and that I'd dialled 1471 which just said "caller witheld their number"

He said these 'Silent Calls' come from abroad. I asked if they could gain access to my PC or Broadband connection, he said no.

Today I phoned BT again and blocked all such phone calls.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

OK, so is everything as it should be again?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

If anyone out there want's to block unwanted call too and you don't know how or where. Then this is how I did it with BT...

0845 0700707

OR

THEIR WEB ADDRESS

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...