We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

E mail response to answers to a thread?

TonyV
Resolved

Likes # 0

Referring to No response I mention here about a lack of e mail response when there has been a response to a topic I have raised. What would cause this to stop coming through now? I don't think I have done anything because all I do is wait for an e mail and then go to the topic. How else am I expected to know when someone has put forward a response, short of continually visiting the site?

Thanks

TonyV

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Don't know why those notifications have stopped but maybe if you tick the box below the compose "Tick here if you would like to subscribe to this thread" you might get email to say there has been a post.

I agree we didn't have to do that before to get notifications for our own thread - must be a new quirk.

I have ticked the box so I'll post back if I get an email.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

lotvic

Your response above resulted in an e mail for me telling me so!! I have done nothing except taking out the tick in one of the boxes, "Allow users to subscribe to my posts", in my Profile!

Ah! well.

TonyV

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

That explains why I got an email to say you had posted, but I didn't get one to say I had (you hadn't unticked the box when I posted first time)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Or then again, I might be confused, maybe I don't get one to say I've posted.... Ho Hum

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

lotvic

There has been no e mail for your last two responses. I give up!!

TonyV

PS: this "new" site has been working for some months now, but how I wish it could do the simple things simply. Come back old site, all is forgiven!!

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

I've now reverted back to ticking my un-ticked shown in my 8:15pm above.

TonyV

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I've had no more emails to say new posts. So at least you have success in stopping them ;-)

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

lotvic

My problem is I want to get the e mail that says there is a response. It just seems to have gone AWOL!

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

On that last response I actually checked the box Below the answer box. I'll see what happens there. Maybe you have to click that every time you post a response! No permanent setting to get the e mail.

TonyV

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'll try it again with box below ticked

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow