We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Homeplug adapter connection problem

GBL

Likes # 0

My daughter has two PC's both using Win XP, one downstairs and the other upstairs. I have set up a router downstairs and have been attempting to use homeplug adapters to connect the upstairs PC to the internet, all lights light up on the adapter but there is no internet connection on the computer. Is there anything else I should be doing?? All worked fine at my house on a similar set up, I did nothing but plug and play, not this time round.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

sharpamat

Homeplugs do not need any setup, they are very much Plug and Play, exactly what it says on the tin!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Yes, think it has to be a duff ethernet cable.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Sorry Nontek but some homeplugs do require setting up. I use ComTrend, as supplied for BT Vision. Whilst advertised as plug and play a quick search on their site will give the correct information to reset them and link them correctley

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hiya sharpamat,

Comtrend are similar, but are NOT HomePlugs!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote