We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD Drive missing in Windows Explorer

rawprawn
Resolved

Likes # 0

The drive is not showing in the windows explorer navigation pane, but shows in My Computer and also in disk Management. It works with no problems, but I can't understand why it doesn't show in Explorer. I have tried the usual fixes, System Restore,uninstalling the drivers and rebooting (shows no driver problems) and the registry fix deleting Upper Filter. Any other ideas RP

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

That is very strange. (are you having a senior moment? :))

If you open My Computer and then click on Folders in top bar does it then show in both the left and right panes of Windows Explorer?

Or is it showing in the right pane and not in the left?

(I'm presuming you're using XP)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If win 7 you might have the 'hide empty drives' box ticked link,

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Forgot to add, both DVD drives on mine show up as CD Drives and I believe this is normal behaviour for XP (I stand to be corrected)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Oops misread the post, please ignore.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

lotvic Both left and right panes are showing in My Computer. The DVD drive is showing on the right but not on the left.I have restored Defaults but with no cahnge.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

OK guys I have just got it back. Folder Options> Navigation Pane> Ticked "Show all Folders" and restore defaults. Thank you for your input. RP

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback